Sometimes kids don't feel well, please keep your student home from school if they have any of the following symptoms:
- Students with a fever greater than 100°F should stay home until they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication.
- Students who are vomiting or have diarrhea should remain home for 24 hours after the last time they vomited or had diarrhea.
- Students who are prescribed an antibiotic should remain home until 24 hours have passed since taking the first dose.
- Students who have a severe uncontrolled cough should remain home until cough is improving. Seek medical attention if student develops wheezing, rapid breathing, or difficulty breathing.
- Students with a rash that spreads quickly, has open weeping wounds, is not healing, or is accompanied by a fever should seek medical attention.
Students and staff that test positive for COVID-19 should remain home until all the following are true:
- It has been at least 5 days since the first symptoms started. If there are no symptoms, stay home for 5 days after a positive test.
- Fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications.
- All other symptoms are improving.
If you are exposed to someone with COVID-19, no quarantine is necessary. The Wyoming Department of Health recommends mask use for 10 days following exposure.
We have free take home COVID-19 tests available provided by the Wyoming Department of Health. Contact me if you would like one or more information.
Click the following link for information on treatment of Head Lice